Thursday, August 19, 2010

DNS question - using own domain name on blogger?

Blogger say that you need to set a CNAME to ghs.google.com, and that's all there is to it. Fine, if it weren't for the fact that my cut-price registrant/host provider, Nameroute, don't provide let you change such things.





I can however change the nameservers to point there - would this work as well, or would disaster befall me?

DNS question - using own domain name on blogger?
I wouldn't say disaster but it won't work.


Can't you change your registrar?


I have my domain registered in GoDaddy, parked there and with the mail service pointing to Gmail.


I'm sure others registrars can do that too. Just take a look around and pick another. It's not like you're closing a million dollar contract service, it's less than 10 dollars a year.
Reply:This is because they only provide forwarding. What do they allow you to change in dns. If it is only to set dns server addresses you can't do anything about this. You need to move your domain name to another registrar.


No comments:

Post a Comment