Sunday, November 20, 2011

I have been writing a blog for 5 years and Blogger.com has deleted it because ...?

... they say I deleted my google account and my blog was deleted with it





How the hell can this be? I didn't even know I had a google account attached to my blogger.com blog (blogspot)





I have been writing the blog for five years and written about 30,000 words.





I have contacted them and it takes them about two weeks to respond and they just send a format message





Does anyone understand this? I am flummoxed!





I just did a search on this issue and a site called 'TechCrunch' has reported that some google accountswere deleted by Google themselves - by mistake





Can anyone unravel this thing for me? I am devastated if my blog has been deleted completely

I have been writing a blog for 5 years and Blogger.com has deleted it because ...?
Blogger CAN RESCUE your deleted blog. They keep back-up copies of it so, you should be able to get some of your blog back.





Why do I need a Google Account to use Blogger?


Google Accounts are better protected against fraud, impersonation, and abuse. In addition, it's easier to use other Google services like AdWords, Google Groups, Google Alerts, Personalized Search, your Personalized Homepage, Google Answers, and many future Google services. You can find out more about Google Accounts at the Google Accounts FAQ.





If you delete your Google Account:


* You'll permanently remove the Google products associated with that account, such as your orkut profile, your iGoogle page, and your web history.


* If you use Gmail with your account, you'll no longer be able to access that email. You'll also be unable to reuse your Gmail username.





As long as you haven't deleted your entire Google Account, you may be able to regain use of your Gmail username by following these steps:





1. Sign in at https://www.google.com/accounts using the email address currently associated with your Google Account.





Note: If you deleted Gmail from your account, but didn't delete your entire account, you'll most likely still be able to sign in with what was your alternate email address (now your primary username). If you're not able to sign in with this email address, you may have deleted your entire account. In this case, you won't be able to recover your Gmail username.





2. While still signed in, visit www.gmail.com and click Sign up for Gmail. You'll be taken to a Gmail sign-up form, and your old Gmail username will be pre-populated in the username field.





3. Complete the form, enter your existing Google Account password, and click Continue.





After you complete this process, you should be able to use Gmail again to send and receive emails.





Try to get your username / google account back, after that:





1. Immediately, OPEN A NEW BLOG -under your same username- WITH THE SAME URL (the name you should see on the bar) of the deleted blog. This is VERY important, so that no-one can claim that URL on purpose or unknowing your problem. You can paste there your template, that should be saved as Peter explains every time you change it, and the cache versions of the latest posts, at least, and -in my case I did this- an explanatory post so that readers know why the archives etc are gone.





2. Before all the cache recovering and pasting, SEND AN E-MAIL TO BLOGGER SUPPORT explaining what has happened. You shall get an automatic reply within a day or two, but don't let that put you off: Blogger seems to have a centralized staff for the whole worldwide community, so they get rid of silly questions like that. REPLY TO THE AUTOMATIC E-MAIL YOU RECEIVED and state clearly what happened, that you erased your blog by mistake.





3. Now you can go through caches, cry and tear your hair out or write 10,000 times 'I shall not click on a button without reading it' while you wait for the next, personal, email you shall get from Blogger. A staff member shall contact you and ask a couple of questions but IT DOES TAKE A WEEK OR TWO -In my case, about two weeks. Once in touch with a Real Person, though, I got my whole blog back again, comments and all, and a warning that the new version i had done meanwhile to keep my URL would be replaced when I republished. So,





4. Make the temporary blog a new one, if you have been posting actively in the mean time, by modifying its URL before republishing. This way, you shall have your old blog, a new temp one to copy%26amp;paste posts from and a lesson learnt -one hopes!





Hope this helps! Good luck!

teeth implants

No comments:

Post a Comment